CBD has a special place in everybody’s heart and tummy, and no one can replace it. CBD is in great demand all across the United States. With such great demand comes greater expectations, and people want to try something new every time. And one of the products that have been getting pretty popular lately is CBD chocolate.
It has become the new favorite way of consuming CBD, and if this craze increases at this pace, then they can soon replace CBD gummies, as the consumer’s favorite CBD edible. And if you are someone who hasn’t yet fallen in love with CBD, here are 3 reasons to fall in love with CBD.
What is CBD chocolate?
As the name suggests, CBD chocolate is chocolate infused with cannabidiol. CBD chocolate falls under the category of CBD edibles. CBD gummy bears are the most popular form of CBD edibles right now in dispensaries near you, and CBD chocolate is on its way to becoming the new king.
In case you are new to the Cannabis world then, for you to know CBD is one of the two major compounds derived from the cannabis plant and you can read about the difference between CBD and THC.
CBD chocolate is chocolate made with a regular process, but it includes CBD as the primary ingredient. You have different options in CBD chocolate, such as pralines, bars, or chunks, milk, and dark and white CBD chocolate. CBD chocolates are a blessing for all the chocoholics out there and if you are someone who hasn’t tried them yet, then you are missing something very delicious.
How to make CBD Chocolate at home?
For all the CBD chocolate lovers out there, who are looking to cook their own CBD chocolate at home we bring you a very easy process to help you out.
Here is the list of ingredients that you would need to prepare your CBD chocolate-
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of chocolate, of your choice (white/milk/dark). Please break the chocolate bar into pieces.
- ½ cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extracts
- CBD oil (use the CBD oil according to dosage)
When choosing CBD oil, take oil with the total consumption that you desire. For example, if your desired dosage is 30mg of CBD, then you would total of 300mg of CBD Oil for 10 pieces of chocolate.
Step by Step process to make your CBD chocolate-
- You would first need to take a large saucepan, fill it with water, and place a dish on top of the saucepan, but make sure there is no direct contact between water and dish, this is known as a double boiler.
- Then you just need the heat from evaporating water and no direct heat. Turn the heat to low and slowly pour the butter into the dish.
- Now stir it frequently and avoid burning butter, once you reach the point where half the butter is melted then add the broken pieces of chocolate.
- Let the chocolate melt and get it mixed up with butter, make sure you stir it continuously. Once you feel they are well combined, switch off the gas and let it cool.
- Make sure it doesn’t harden though, after it cools down stir in the honey, vanilla extract, and CBD Oil, you can also add your other desired things.
- Pour the CBD chocolate into a mold and cut it into the desired number of pieces, refrigerate it, and once hardened you can enjoy your favorite CBD chocolate.
Step by Step process to make chocolate if you are vegan-
We haven’t forgotten about our vegan readers, and here is the process to make Vegan CBD chocolate-
- ½ cup of high virgin coconut oil.
- 1 cup of raw unprocessed cacao powder.
- 4 tbsp of honey (raw)
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- Your desired dosage of CBD oil
- Take pot over low heat, and pour some coconut oil into it. Wait till your oil is heated, then switch off the heat.
- Now put all other ingredients and stir them up well together. Let it cool a bit, then pour the mixture into a mold and cut it into pieces.
- Place it into a refrigerator and once it is hard enough, then you can enjoy your delicious vegan chocolate.
How to make your CBD chocolate even better?
The process we mentioned above was a simple one, but if you desire to make your chocolate even better, then you can try different things, such as trying different chocolate types or adding different flavors.
Cannabis review platforms like Hempercamp suggests adding nuts or Hemp seeds that can make it even better, making it crunchy and delicious. And you can make it nutritious by adding different stuff. It’s all about trying new stuff to get your desired results and find the best one that suits your tastebuds.
What does CBD chocolate taste like and why you should try them?
CBD chocolate often tastes like normal chocolate, but sometimes you find the bitter hemp taste. But you can easily cover it by adding sweetener or sugar syrup. The advantage of consuming CBD chocolates is that you can easily consume them while enjoying the sweet taste of chocolate and getting the benefits of CBD.
Also, other CBD edibles carry a bitter taste of Hemp, which many consumers dislike. But CBD chocolate makes it easier for people to consume CBD without feeling the bitter taste of hemp.
Advantages of making CBD chocolate at your home-
- Homemade CBD chocolate would be less expensive as compared to store-bought ones.
- You can add your desired materials to match your taste buds, and you make them healthy as well.
- You don’t need to tolerate the bitter taste; you can add sweetener and get delicious chocolate.
How much CBD chocolate to consume?
If you have successfully made your CBD chocolate and you are wondering about the right consumption quantity to consume, then here is the guide for you.
Imagine your chocolate has 10 pieces and the total CBD oil content is 100mg, then each piece would have approx. 10mg, and if your daily consumption is 20mg then you can take 2 pieces each day. Also, as the edibles tend to dissolve slowly into the bloodstream you can expect to feel longer-lasting effects.