If you are not keen to get a tan in the sun you should search for “sunless tanning near me” options online. At Boca Raton, you will find many tanning salons where you can get a tanning bed experience. The tanning bed, also called a sunbed, is really a machine which can create an artificial tan. It emulates the sun’s UV rays to produce a sun-kissed glow for you.
A tanning bed at a Boca tanning salon will help you achieve a tan minus the risks of skin damage caused by long-term sun exposure. The sunbed emits about 95% UVA and 5% UVB; the latter are not healthy and carcinogenic in nature. Nowadays, tanning salons use tanning beds from manufacturers that have filters to eliminate UVB radiation.
How does a tanning bed work?
UV rays are created by bulbs and UV lamps which produce much faster melanin than you would get under the sun. This is what gives your skin the bronzed look. A regular tanning bed will have about 10-15 lamps attached beneath it. A choke ballast or inductor is fitted inside these bulbs for regulating current flowing inside them. When current is switched on, bulbs produce high UV rays which have both UVB and UVA.
What to remember to get a great sunbed tanning experience at a Boca tanning salon:
Before you get onto the tanning bed:
- You should consult your doctor if you have been taking any medicines to be sure these do not react with UV light.
- Exfoliate the skin for a uniform and better tan. Showering an hour ahead is recommended as you cannot have cosmetics or perfume on your body.
- Apply a good amount of the tanning accelerator prior to getting on the tanning bed.
- If you are planning not to wear anything when tanning, you need to protect sensitive body parts like eyes and lips against sunburns.
Things to do on the sunbed:
- Ideally, you should keep your eyes closed with goggles as harmful UV rays can get into them. If your eyes are itchy and red, it indicates short-term sunburn.
- Relaxing the body is important and this is why sunbeds are provided. If you feel itching or burning anywhere, you should not wait and get it checked right away.
- You need to set the power and time according to what is right for your body. Too much exposure can cause sunburns. This is why you need to visit a good tanning salon having experienced and trained staff.
- Apply lip balm with sun-block because lips can get sunburns due to exposure.
- Keep yourself ventilated because heating is not necessarily ideal for tanning. When the tanning bed is too hot it causes the tubes to malfunction and affects your tan.
What to do after tanning session:
- Avoid showering for 2 hours to make sure the tan has penetrated. Too much bathing will eliminate natural nutrients and oils in the skin.
- Moisturize skin twice a day.
- Be patient because tans take time to develop. A bronzing lotion can help here.
- If you notice rashes, call a doctor right away.
The Boca Tanning Club in Boca Raton can offer you a never before sunless tanning experience. It is known for its exceptional staff, superior techniques, and UV tanning solutions. It employs highly qualified experts who can advise you on the best way to get a sunless tan.
click here for more interesting articles