The year 2020 will be remembered, unfortunately, as the year of this horrific pandemic, which has seen over 50 million worldwide cases, and over 10 million patients in the United States, as well as about a million deaths, throughout the world, and nearly 250, 000 fatalities, in this nation. Some articulate a variety of stupid concepts and theories, including herd immunity, pandemic – fatigue, or, it will all go away, by itself, etc., but, if we wish to address this virus and begin to reduce the public health risks, we need to take personal responsibility, to protect our health, and well – being, during a pandemic. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss five basic steps, to achieve this.
1. Wear a mask: Why has wearing a mask become a political discussion? Nearly every public health expert states that if everyone wore a mask, whenever social spacing was challenging, and, significantly, indoors (in buildings, restaurants, etc.), the infection rate would probably be reduced, about 95%. Isn’t this not only logical, from a personal perspective, but also one’s social responsibility? Furthermore, some parts of the nation have witnessed more cooperation regarding this than others, and, in general, these regions/ areas have had lower infection rates.
2. Social distancing/ spacing: Studies indicate that social distancing significantly reduces the spread of the infection. For example, every time President Trump held one of his rallies, where most of the attendees, neither, were socially spaced, and, wearing masks, we witnessed a spread of the infections/ cases! Stay at least 6 feet apart, but many studies indicate, this airborne virus, under certain circumstances, can travel even further.
3. Avoid crowds/ be wary of eating indoors: Although most of us would love to see some return to normalcy, and everyday activities/ conditions/ life, unfortunately, this virus spreads indoors, at a tremendous rate, and, unless the establishment carefully pays attention, to all necessary precautions, in terms of cleaning, sanitation, wearing masks, and upgrading their air filtration systems, etc., one exposes himself to undesirable ramifications. Also, stay away from crowded areas, situations, etc., and be careful. Remain vigilant and healthy!
4. Don’t let down your guard: Don’t be foolish/ stupid/ selfish, by permitting, so-called, Pandemic Fatigue, lead you, to let down, your guard! Instead, use common sense, and realize you don’t want to become a statistic!
5. Use precautions: Wash your hands often, use hand sanitizer, wear a mask, avoid crowds, limit certain activities, and take precautions, to safely minimize your risks!
This virus is accurate, and still, here, we are witnessing an increase in the number of cases and fatalities! So assume social responsibility, be intelligent and vigilant, and stay safe and healthy!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked in the natural health industry for four decades.