The ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) is the most popular framework designed as a set of management best practices to benchmark performance in IT departments. ITIL certifications demonstrate training in service management best practices, utilizing processes, terminology, and methods that are part of modern IT. The certification imparts professional skills to grow and transform the business.
If you are in the IT industry and want to upskill with ITIL certifications, take the ITIL Foundation training with a reputed institution.
What is ITIL Certification
ITIL certifications demonstrate training in service management best practices, utilizing processes, terminology, and methods that are common in modern IT. The certification imparts professional skills to grow and transform the business.
The ITIL certification has four levels. A person may seek an entry or a medium-level certification, while a project manager or CIO may appear for the Expert or Master status. While the first three levels are based on credits and examinations, the Master’s level is based on select criteria.
Who should take the Certification
ITIL certifications are available only to individuals. The ITIL Foundation certification can be acquired through self‐study, online, or classroom by
- Individuals who require ITIL framework basic knowledge or want to enhance IT service management in the organization
- IT professionals who want to adopt ITIL to improve service management in the organization
ITIL certifications can also be taken by the IT service manager, IT Directors and Managers, CIOs, Business Managers, Service support engineers, Technical support engineers, and Business Process Owners.
How Useful is an ITIL Certification /Benefits
The benefits of an ITIL certification extend to individuals and organizations alike. The certification brings in professionalism in IT management by
- Aligning IT to business
- Providing quality services for higher customer satisfaction
- Have a better understanding of customer needs and expectations
- Improving the quality of the IT services
- Increasing productivity
- Minimizing service disruption
- Decreasing time, money, and other resources spent on the entire service development lifecycle
- Enhancing collaboration and team spirit
- Building a stable and flexible development environment
What is the scope of ITIL certification in my future career?
The benefits of earning your accreditation or certification are invaluable for a career in IT, especially if you are planning to move from pure-play development to management.
With an ITIL certification, you can:
- Earn a foundation in product knowledge
- Improve productivity
- Enhance your credibility
Besides increasing your earning potential, you can become a solutions-oriented professional in service management.
But why should one go through the hardships of preparing and appearing for the ITIL certification?
The main objective of the certification is to prepare you for various business management skills within the IT environment.
Following are the ways how you can advance your career scope:
- Understand objectives like Service Strategy, Transition, and Operations, and implement and develop the process constantly.
- The ITIL framework makes sure that you can use your skills and expertise for better customer deliveries.
- It teaches you how to apply the acquired expertise to make cost-effective decisions.
- The ITIL processes are used properly to help you contribute to the success and reputation of your organization and accelerate your professional development and prospects within the organization.
- It allows you to be in sync with your co-workers in achieving the objectives.
The ITIL certification has no expiration date. So, once you achieve the certification, you can add the credentials to your resume for the rest of your life and enhance your professional value and credibility in the job market.
You can opt for various job roles like Service Delivery Manager, IT Analyst, IT Project Manager, IT Manager, Senior IT Project Manager, and so on.
According to a survey:
- 76% of those surveyed said that certifications made them more marketable,
- nearly 59% said that they were better able to compete with an intermediate-level ITIL certification,
- 70% reported developing new knowledge and expertise.
- 55% felt they had improved their overall effectiveness on the job, and
- 47% reported that it improved efficiency in cost and time.
This indicates that as an ITIL-certified employee, you may be impacted on the whole with knowledge enhancement and service deliveries.
Why consider an ITIL certification?
A deep understanding of ITIL’s foundations will give you the maximum benefits from its implementation.
If sponsorship is not available, it is worth pursuing the ITIL certification on your own. You can do it in your time and boost your resume for lucrative job opportunities. Certified ITIL program managers and IT architects often make well over six figures in their respective salaries. The long-term prospects for job growth are well worth the time and money invested.
Stand out among the rest
ITIL certifications give you an advantage over other candidates in job hiring. It proves to your employers that you are highly skilled and educated in industry best practices and that you are most likely to have a short training curve, providing value to your organization.
Develop a sharp skillset
The foundational certification familiarises professionals with the general concepts and elements of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and its associated lifecycle stages. At the same time, it helps develop a sharp skill set that is much valued in the service lifecycle.
Prepare for the future
ITIL has become a part of the IT fabric in most organizations. They look for qualified and certified professionals well versed in the concepts of ITIL. The further up the ITIL certification trajectory you have navigated, the better are the chances to fit into the IT service landscape of any large enterprise. You can prepare for the demands in incident management, service management, and change management lifecycles of any organization.
A failed IT project is disastrous to the bottom line of any organization, compelling them to take a proactive approach to ITIL certification. If you want to take up a job role in service management, then it is a good idea to begin with the ITIL Foundation training.