A fast metabolism ensures good substance turnover in our body. This, in turn, helps keep the body fit and healthy. We offer you tips on which foods stimulate your metabolism and what else helps for all football predictions.
Metabolism refers to all the biochemical processes that occur in our body. The body continuously absorbs substances, such as through food and air, transforms them, transports them, and partly excretes them. This whole system, from the small cell metabolism and exchange processes of cells to the entire gastrointestinal tract, is part of the metabolism.
RATE AND FAT BURNING
A key factor in metabolism is the basal metabolic rate. This is the amount of energy the body consumes at rest, i.e., converting nutrients into other forms of energy like heat.
Metabolic function depends on age, gender, and diet. Younger people have a faster metabolism than older people. Men also have a higher fat-burning rate due to more muscle mass. Several methods can stimulate metabolism, leading to faster turnover and higher fat burning. A healthy metabolism can also aid in weight loss.
FOODS TO SUPPORT YOUR METABOLISM
Metabolism helper ginger. Some foods have the property of stimulating metabolism. You should consume a balanced mix of them:
- Fiber-rich grains and legumes stimulate metabolism. The same applies to fruits containing the fiber pectin, such as apples. Many fibers provide a longer-lasting feeling of satiety, so you consume fewer calories for the same amount of food.
- You should eat products with high protein and low-fat content that support muscle building.
- Caffeinated drinks like coffee or green tea can also stimulate metabolism, but regular consumption can lead to a kind of resistance.
- For fats, choose high-quality plant oils: For example, coconut oil is not stored as fat in the body and stimulates the absorption of calcium and magnesium.
- The foods you consume should be natural, i.e., without artificial additives.
- You should also include vitamins, and nutrient- and mineral-rich foods in your shopping basket, especially those with a lot of vitamin C.
- Some spices also support your metabolism, including cinnamon, chili, and ginger.
- Also, make sure to drink enough water: This helps your body flush out toxins and waste products.
THE RIGHT DIET
Prefer to eat smaller portions more often than a lot at once. You definitely shouldn’t starve if you want to stimulate your metabolism. Then, your body may start storing fat reserves. It’s best to eat several small meals throughout the day. Don’t eat too much at once, as then your body can’t keep up with processing the nutrients and stores them as fat instead.
These small meals can consist of fruit, vegetables, or salads, and in moderation, nuts or seeds. But be careful, nuts are very calorie-rich!
It can also stimulate your metabolism if you drink a glass of water with a splash of lemon or apple cider vinegar or a hot ginger tea before a meal.
DO YOUR EXERCISES
Exercise helps metabolism. Sports and physical activity are the first choices when it comes to stimulating metabolism. During exercise, a lot of energy is burned. In other words, the energy from nutrients consumed in food is converted into movement energy. Additionally, you build muscles that – unlike fat tissues – are a very active metabolic site, as they consume more energy than other tissues at rest (keyword “basal metabolic rate”).
Specific muscle-building strength training is therefore particularly recommended, in which you can train your problem areas. At the same time, the right strength training can also improve your posture and thus prevent posture problems or back pain.
If you don’t want to do strength training, you can also stimulate your metabolism through endurance training. The usual sports are good for this, e.g., jogging, cycling, or swimming.
Additionally, you should make sure to integrate enough movement into your everyday life. This can be a walk during the lunch break, cycling to work, or similar activities.